Pages

Sunday 27 November 2011

A very British Thanksgiving

For the past three years, I've hosted Thanksgiving for my not-in-anyway-American friends.

Why? Well, it started with an operation and a friend obsessed with all things USA culminating in "let's do something fun in November that involves our friend not moving too much".  Combine this with my (parents') large kitchen/dining room and "Thanksgiving" was born.

This year there was no way I was letting a small London flat with a tiny kitchen/oven get in the way of our slightly odd tradition. So enter my Thanksgiving spreadsheet of organisational dreams!

Google docs FTW!

The perfect roast potatoes were housemate 1's contribution.
Stuffing - everyone's favourite. I save the amazing home made kind for Christmas though.
Apple and blackberry crumble - housemate 2's contribution - YUM.
 I am thankful for:
Spreadsheets (weirdly obsessed and proud!)
The happy glow from cooking for friends
My little London flat
My housemates for being great assistant cooks and hosts
The electrician who  fixed our shower 2 hours before people arrived (after 10 days of showering at work!)
Friends
Friends
Friends

Can you tell I've got that soppy post-Thanksgiving "I love my friends so much and even though I'm a bit tired and hungover it still counts" feeling ;)

Tomorrow will bring a post-Thanksgiving weigh in and run but for now I'm just enjoying the fact that today Christmas came early....


No comments:

Post a Comment