Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Decisions decisions

Life is full of many decisions. Today I stood in my room for 10 minutes straight thinking "pizza or baked potato?" After I had argued myself round to the healthy potato option my housemate proceeded to come home and eat a pepperoni pizza right in front of me, damn her! But still I felt good because I had made the right decision - if I'd eaten a pizza my calorie deficit for today would be a surplus and I would feel like I'd let myself down.

Other decisions that have turned out great for me recently are the decision to look for a new job, deciding to go to the work party last Friday even though I was tired (there was some kissin' ) and deciding to go for a run last night (firstly because running is always a good decision, secondly because our shower actually worked when I got home which it didn't this morning)!

So on the back of these positive decisions I must now make a much harder one.....

10k or Half-marathon??? 

Yep, I've discovered the Bupa London 10k that I've run for the last two years is on the same day as the Sheffield Half-marathon next year.

I know right now you're thinking "dude, you're building back up to 5k, why the poo are you even considering a half-marathon at the moment?!" Well the answer to that is I like a challenge. And Sheffield wouldn't just be a challenge it would be going back to my Uni town (where I weighed my heaviest at 231lbs) and saying "How do you like me now suckers?!"

On the other hand I've run the London 10k for two years now and with one of my best friends, so it's kind of become "our thing". Also the feeling of finally running for an entire 10k and improving my time there next year would be amazing and I'd be running on part of the 2012 Olympics marathon course, which I can't lie gives me a kind of buzz.

But will I be letting my friend down? Would she even care? I think I'd care if she didn't run it next year :(

But can I wait a whole other year to show off my mad/average-ish running skillz to Sheffield? Or maybe I should move on from trying to "prove myself" to Sheffield , I feel like I failed to do this during my degree so maybe I should just get over it.


Both? (Yep, I'll just build a time machine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment