Pages

Sunday 13 November 2011

The master of all the chefs

Today I made my way to Kensington Olympia to check out the MasterChef Live exhibition. An interesting experience as I never really watch the show, but as my sisters were working there I wasn't going to turn down a complimentary pass! And so I went along in search of free tasters and healthy-food inspiration.

So let's start with the tasters! I ate a small lunch in order to leave room (and calories) for free nibbles, because, as everyone knows, free food is delicious food.

The foodstuff I was most expecting to deliver in the tasters area (and WOW it did) was cheese:

Medium cheddar infused with Whisky? Hello!
Fortunately I managed to restrict my cheese sample eating and didn't buy any,  this was very hard for me. The other most notable sample was a glorious crazy beverage:

Nectar of the gods
I actually witnessed someone buying 10 bottle of this!

So as I munched my way around (lots of chilli sauces, om nom nom) there were also some bizarre sights to be seen...

Giant lollipop made of sweets - I think I got a sugar rush just from looking at this!
'Flora Tea' because who doesn't want a weird flower to grow in their glass of tea?!
And finally there was that inspiration I'd been looking for....
 
I saw a light on the road to Damas(cus)
Mezze! Aubergines! I'd forgotten how much I love middle east-style mezze food, but particularly aubergine dishes. I also ate a lot of aubergine based foods in Egypt last week so I rushed home and bought the most aubergine-tastic cookbook I could find! Stay tuned for future aubergine based meal plans.

Move out the way kid or I will EAT. YOUR. HEAD.
Other inspiration arrived in the form of some dried-apple crisps that were reasonably priced (unlike a lot of things at the show!), really yummy and low calorie, so an inspired replacement for my dried mango addiction. I also happened across some of the best marmalade ever (made from quinces - oh so exotic) so I bought some for porridge flavouring purposes (see how I made that sound a bit healthier by mentioning porridge ;) ).

Om nom nom
And that was it for mastering some chefs at Master Chef! 

What's the best/weirdest/yummiest thing you've ever seen at an exhibition/food market/village fete?

In other news, this weekend I got a armband holder for my phone so I'm quite looking forward to testing some running apps (android darlings, none of that iphone rubbish :P ). So there should will also be some more running-based posts next week, hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment