Pages

Saturday 13 October 2012

Wardrobe clear out

I recently had to dress smartly for a serious meeting day we had at work and came to the conclusion...I can't.

This wasn't just a reflection of my discomfort in wearing "smart" clothes (I've always worked in casual offices) but due to the fact I've actually lost a stone/14lbs since I started this job and the smart clothes I bought when I was doing the interview rounds last year simply look baggy and so not particularly flattering. I eventually had to wear a smart black dress with a safety pin in the back to make it look reasonably fitted!

So today I'm having a clear out. And WOW do I have a lot of clothes to get rid of. And although half of me is happy how far I've come and the fact I've shrunk out of these clothes the other half is a bit like "erm...I have no clothes!".

The thing is I'm kind of in-between sizes and don't want to do a big shop until I've definitely gone down another size. At the moment I'm a size 16/14 on top and a 18/16 on bottom, I have no idea where I'll be eventually but being a definite 14 and 16 for now would be nice. Maybe I'll end up a 12 and 14 but that would be the "dream" situation, also fitting any trousers in Topshop's "tall" section (because you're not allowed to be both tall and fat in Topshop) would be cool.

So for now I'm going to leave off shopping til I've shrunk further and Ebay/chairty shops here I come!

Would you get a few items at an "in-between" weight or wait until you've lost some more?

No comments:

Post a Comment