Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

New shoes and the treadmill

So I've recovered from my disappointing race and realised it wasn't so disappointing because it's still a personal best at 1:04:46. (I reckon I could have made it at least 1:02:00 without toilet urges but oh well).

Before my race on Sunday I set out to replace my 2.5 year old, seven 10k running asics, which I (shock, horror!) bought on ebay for £25.

old friends
False assumptions I made before buying shoes last time:
- no one makes shoes in size 9 - not true of running shoes apparently (though still true of most pretty shoes :( )
- people in running shops will somehow mock me for not being a skinny runner
- people in running shops will mock me for not being a "proper" runner ("only" training for a half)

new beauties with my 10k medal

No comments:

Post a Comment