Pages

Monday 8 October 2012

New name

I stumbled upon a new running blog today, and although my first thought was "oh, handy blister advice from a runner", my second was "great name". 

The thing I've realised about some of my favourite blogs (see list to the right) is that their name immediately tells you what they're about. 

And so I had this vision of people coming to my blog (it could happen...I'll pretend it could happen) and thinking "erm, why is she calling herself a goat?". Which is kind of fair enough when there is no me there to say "it's my surname, no really".

I also always wanted this blog to look at something that drained my confidence throughout my teenage years and, if I'm honest, something that I used my weight to mask - my height.

It's that feeling of being "big" that I really want to tackle. That feeling of "I could lose all the weight in the world and I'll still take up too much space" that I carried with me until a few years ago, a feeling that still bubbles up when I least expect it.

So goodbye to Run Goat Run, and hello to the longer and leaner Lofty Loper.

No comments:

Post a Comment