Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

Runner interrupted

So today was a new first...the first time I've needed to make a toilet break during a run! Yes I know you want to know all the gory details, but this goat does have some dignity (not much), so let's just say the Southbank Centre is a lovely riverfront venue with pleasant facilities.

Apart from that little detour (sorry people in the Royal Festival Hall that had their evening interrupted by a sweaty runner drudging through) it was a good run and I'm looking forward to progressing to the next stage of my training plan - week 5:

5Stretch & strengthen4 m run2 m run or cross4 m run + strengthRest40 min cross6 m run
I was rubbish this week in that I a) only did one of my shorter runs and b) did no cross training, oh and let's not forget c) boozing and eating loads so that I have probably put on 5lbs in a week. I have a weekly weigh in planned tomorrow and I'm pretty terrified (please, please don't go back over 195lbs). Having said that I wore a dress to a family thing today that was tight when I bought it and is now baggy - hurrah!

So this week is going to be better, I've already booked some gym classes in so the week is shaping up as:

  • Monday - Aqua fit (before you scoff it is a seriously good abs workout) and then I'm off to the  paralympics (whoop!) and watching people swim really fast is the same as swimming really fast myself ;)
  • Tuesday - 4m run
  • Wednesday - Street Dance class (please don't try and kill me with your crazy-fast beats cool instructor lady)
  • Thursday - 4m run and yoga class (please don't mock me for being extremely inflexible funny instructor man)
  • Friday - chillaxing 
  • Saturday - more paralympics, wheelchair bastketball, SO excited!! Oh yeah, should do some cross training too
  • Sunday - 6m run
Happy paralympic viewing everyone (Oscar Pistorius just came second in 200m, controversial!)


P.S. yep, I made the days of the week into a beautiful rainbow - I am COOL/this reminded me of making revision charts at school, fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment