Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Longest run to date

Probably a bad title for a post because every weekend run from now on is going to be my "longest run ever" but today was special because it's the first time I've broken the 6 mile mark. And I did it in style by running a 9:32min/mile pace!

I actually ran almost the same course as the 10k I'm doing at the end of September, which I thought would be very slow as it includes a couple of hills but obviously the downhill bits make up for this, and I'm now really excited that I could break 60 minutes in this race, or at least get a new personal best.

On the downside my legs are not feeling good at the moment (achy and a weird cramp in my left calf) so I may have to fork out and buy new trainers like I've been meaning to for a while (but putting off because I bought a new computer instead!) Bleurgh money spending. I'm also nervous that I'll go in to the store and they'll take one look at me and be like "yeah, you need major cushioning and motion-control because you're a giant who runs like a wobbly goat" (or along those lines) and then when I ask about size 9s they'll be like "lol, size 9? Sorry we don't sell women's shoes that big."

Fact - I have previously been laughed at by a sales assistant for asking for a size 9 before. Idiot. Looking back I should have complained to the manager, especially as I know that store goes up to size 9 so the guy obviously didn't know much about their own stock!

Anyway, the store I want to go to (because it does natural gait analysis not treadmill) is open late on Thursday so hopefully I can go along and get some shiny new shoes. Plus I know that Asics and Saucony go up to a size 9 in women's, and I should think a few other brands do too, so hopefully I won't get called big foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment