Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Run and cross combo

Yesterday I didn't do my 4m run, mainly because I felt exhausted from power walking up and down a million stairs (twice), then screaming til my throat hurt here:
London 2012 Aquatics Centre
I had such a fantastic time watching the paralympics with my family (minus one sister). Not even being in the same building as David Cameron could bring me down. Mainly because he was handing out a gold medal to GB swimmer Ellie Simmonds!! Can't believe I got to watch her, she's only 17 and she just killed the end of her medley race, everyone was on their feet, it was INCREDIBLE, it sounds completely cliched but this was definitely my "I can tell my grandchildren about London 2012" moment :)

So I was completely cheered out on Tuesday and thought I would make up for it by doing both my cross training and run today. Was that a good idea? I think I'll judge that on how achy I feel tomorrow. Did a 45 minute street dance class (and thumped around like the oh so elegant uncoordinated goat I am), then left the gym to do my 4 mile run home. Used the Runstar app for the first time, which told me I'm super-fast and generally awesome...possibly the gps didn't work. I think I'll use it in an area with less bridges/tunnels next time to see if it's more accurate.

For now I am a tired goat so I'll see you laterz.

P.s. weight this morning was 190.2lbs, I have no idea how this happened but WOO

No comments:

Post a Comment