Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2012

The sweet taste of victory

First things first, I made a beautiful rainbow plan for the week last week, let's check out how that went:


  • Monday - Aqua fit then paralympics. Done and done, and what a great day it was :)
  • Tuesday - 4m run. Not done, too tired from paralympics.
  • Wednesday - Street Dance class.  Did it and combined it with Tuesday run< I'm awesome
  • Thursday - 4m run and yoga class. Didn't do it, had some sad news from home, hid in bed
  • Friday - chillaxing Did Thursday's run here instead
  • Saturday - more paralympics, wheelchair bastketball, SO excited!! Oh yeah, should do some cross training too. Awesome day out with my family, no cross training
  • Sunday - 6m run Did it, an unofficial personal best of 1:02 too, generally a lovely sunny weekend, then the paralympics went and ended :(

  • So all in all I win at training :D Sadly I do not win at dieting because on receiving bad news on Thursday I made a massive chocolate cake and proceeded to stuff my face with it everyday until Monday. Fail.

    I've recovered my healthiness today, but this week has also been a source of fail thanks to this young man:

    Finally a champion!
    Me and my sister are huge tennis fans, so, we decided that as the addictive sporting thrill that was the olympics/paralympics was over we would take all of Great Britain's winning glory and focus it on one last sporting event this year. In other words we would start watching the US Open final at 9pm and not stop until the trophy was in our the winner's grasp...

    Five hours and two minutes later. MURRAY WON.

    I almost felt bad for the lone Serbian man supporting Djokovic in the sports bar we were in. Almost, because I was too busy screaming and hugging everyone around me to feel anything but 100% pure joy. Unfortunately with pure joy (and drinking until 2:30am, then getting home at about 3:30am) there comes pure pain. And so Tuesday essentially did not exist for me. 

    Today I woke with the joy of someone who does not have a hangover and promptly walked to work for the first time in a long time (the bus never came) then had a great healthy food day and again did my street dance and running training combo. I felt tired on this run but my new Runstar app tells me I ran a 10:09 min/mile pace, which is pretty good for me so I'm going to say the app is right (even if I am secretly suspicious of its accuracy). Ah the wonders of modern technology. I'll hopefully be using Runstar for the rest  of my half marathon training now so do feel free to check in as it logs my runs on dailymile (I loves me some running-related internets).

    This week there is another 4.5miles + 7 miles on my training. The plan is to go to my parents' house on Sunday so I can run up the hill that I will have to face on my 10k race at the end of the month.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment