Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

Pulling up my bootstraps

So after a week of eating too much, doing no exercise (unless you count softball), and general feeling ill and rubbish, yesterday I decided to get of my bum and do something about it.

The first something involved tidying my room, oh the joys. But I did get the joy of clean sheets afterwards mmmm. So then I felt a bit less shit about living in a pig sty!

Next up I whacked on Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred dvd. I can only describe this as PAIN IN A BOX.

Look at her smug demon face!
But, as we know, with great pain comes great reward and my reward was waddling round like a penguin with painful thighs for two days running really well today!

On Sunday I stretched out my painful thighs (I know you love hearing about my thighs ;) ) with a little walk in Southwark Park. And by a little walk I mean throwing on a sexy bright yellow plastic jacket and pointing some runners the right way round a 5k. I love Southwark Park, it's near my flat and somewhere I frequent when running, so I quite enjoyed just being outside and enjoying the greenery. I had very green views for a couple of hours which was very "rejuvenating" and other cheesy adjectives.
Guarding my post with my life
Green to the max
To finish off my weekend I made an amazing recipe for enchiladas that I got from one of my favourite health blogs. T'was om nom noms, though it did take a lot of soaking and a few hours simmering - definitely a Sunday afternoon dish!

Finally today I did my food run (pret sandwiches to the strand for homeless peeps). And then did a run run, home from Charing Cross, along Southbank. The river which was great, and not-too-touristy on a Monday....so I took on the role of the snap happy tourist instead.

Running all over the world Globe





No comments:

Post a Comment