Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

Yay for legs (and polka dots)

Dear legs,

I was very harsh on you earlier when we were trying on those red jeggings in M&S (they've got some sweet coloured jeggings at the moment). You were so nearly there but just a tad too tight on the thighs and knees (too be honest it didn't help that the jeggings were, as usual, a bit too short).

Then I saw you in the all-encapsulating mirrors in the changing room. I saw your cellulite. I saw your saddlebags. And I said, "Why legs? Why must you be like this?!" I was sad. I was angry.

But most of all I was unfair. You've given me so much legs: a large part of the height that lets me see at gigs and reach high things, the strength to run four 10ks and soon two more and hopefully a half marathon, the coordination to dance (even if it is only in my room), and the length to wear short skirts (with tights) and just about pull them off. Also you end in my gorgeous feet.

So cheers, legs. We've come a long way and I know we'll get to where we want to be eventually (metaphorically and literally, haha). You've stopped aching so much after running, your knee problems and shin splints have disappeared, and damn those calves are starting to shape up (calves please have a word with thighs). We're doing good, let's keep it up legs.

Love, Katie.

P.s. Yay for polka dot rugs too.

P.p.s. I need to work out how to take non-weird pictures of my legs!

P.p.p.s Think I'll paint my toenails this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment