Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Now and then

Managed to turn my mood around yesterday by scoring a ticket to one of the sold out Sigur Ros London shows. Should be incredible.

But more importantly my work today reminded me how lucky I am to have my health and happiness and of the importance of using your own situation to improve other people's lives.

I hope that focusing on improving my own health and fitness for a while will give me the confidence to be that kind of person, someone who can help other people but in a way that is not detrimental to my mental or physically well-being. Hopefully that isn't too selfish a thing to ask from life.

ANYHOO back to less intense thoughts! Whilst I was running I was thinking how life has changed since I started running and came up with some fairly cool and amusing comparisons...

Music
THEN: "Great song"

NOW:"OMG this is going straight on my running playlist"

Yes I am a terrible indie-loving-wannabe-hipster ;) but never thought my appreciation of music could be extended to a whole new category of "can I run to it". However new albums/aongs now get extra bonus shiny points in my mind for being run-able.

Friends
THEN:  "Hey L, let's spend quality time getting drunk on Halloween" 


That's me on the left...Jack Skellington style. L's costume was "some hot, dead lady" haha.

NOW:


Fingers crossed we get places in the ballot! I am so excited for my second half marathon (whether this one or another) and hopefully running it through lovely, autumnal central London parks.

Lols
THEN:

NOW:

No comments:

Post a Comment