Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

My first running date

On Sunday I met up with my friend L, who I haven't seen for aaaaages to go on our first ever running date!

So I knew it would be tough running with her, she's very much an all or nothing person so I knew she'd be fast but LITTLE DID I KNOW she's actually already built up to 15km (9 miles), whereas little old me has scaled back to 4 miles!

I'm not sure why I'm so surprised, when L really sets her mind her to something she seriously goes for it.

Anyhow she dragged me round a 4.7 mile river run, definitely upping my pace and forcing me to talk to her most of the way. And truth be told I had "such fun" as she would say AKA bare fun blad!

However one dangerous thought she's planted in my mind is doing another half marathon...and soon. In response to her gentle suggestion continuous arm twisting I'm going to see how I go with running this week (badly probably as I already skipped a run today because it's TOO COLD). If I can handle a week three level of the half marathon training programme I used before, I might just sign up for the Madrid Rock n' Roll half marathon at the end of April...OMGcan'tbelieveIjustwrotethatdownwhyamIevenconsideringthisbleeeuuuurgh!!!

Check with this very blog on Sunday to see just how mental I am. EEEK.


No comments:

Post a Comment