Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

Virtually training

So after mulling over Paleo this week I have come to the conclusion I LOVE BREADY CARBS (omg I luuurve them). And I definitely have a problem with sugar. Though I think this mostly revolves around my inability to sleep.

So I've planned my meals this week to be Paleo and I'm just going to see how the sugar cravings go. I realised one of my favourite healthy snack bars - Nakd Cocoa Loco bar -  is  paleo (I think, it's gluten free but has oats) so that will be my go to when I get desperate!

0% wheat 100% om nom nom
 Last week I was especially bad on the sugar because I got to three gym classes (includig bodypump and spinning, the pain) but consistently failed on the bed before 11pm plan so woke feeling like "GIVE ME CAFFEINE AND SUGAAAAAAR!" No surprise I lost zero weight thanks to this but my gym trips still get a mega-yay, especially because I discovered the Thursday Bodypump instructor is really friendly and pushes everyone in a non-intimidating/terrifying way, so I will be making an effort to gt to her class again.

I'm hoping to curbing the bad sleeping this week as to help with my accountability I'm starting a free Virtual Training Group (VTG) with PTMollie. Not something I've done before but I'm really hoping this will help bring focus to my weightloss and exercise goals that will continue on in to the rest of the year.

Mollie asked us to set 3 to 5 goals to work on weekly during the VTG (which ends 18th March) and reflecting on my 2013 goals I've set mine up as:
1. Lose 1.5lbs a week (aka 14lbs by 18th March)
2. Attend one strength-based gym class a week
3. Get to sleep before 11pm three nights a week
4. Run three times a week
5. Walk to work 3 times a week

The walking to work thing isn't in my previous goals but something I really need to start doing as my work is an easy 40 minute walk from home (which is pretty good for a London commute) and I do feel like a lazy bum when I tell people I get the bus in the morning. 

My stats for starting the VTG (using my body analyser scales and confirmed with online calculators) are:
Height 6ft 0in (obvs)
Weight - 192.4lbs
% Body Fat - 29.3
BMI - 26.1 (so near to healthy range!!!!!)
Waist - 33in
Hips - 44in (0.75 waist to hips ratio = low heart disease risk = #winning...if we ignore how large my hips are...all my junk is in my trunk, yay for pear shapes)
 
Not sure how this week is going to pan out as I'm currently sat on my bum at home, with an awful cold (my sinuses hate me!!) but I'll keep you updated...

Ever tried any form of online training before? I'm really excited for the accountability aspect and cheering others on!

No comments:

Post a Comment