Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

Hello 2013

So many delicious and delightful hopes and dreams for 2013, and only 12 months until the next year is upon us!

I will admit I may be having a "quarter life crisis". I blame my sister for threatening to travel overland to Australia this year, thus bringing a whole lot of thoughts to the surface....
"I haven't travelled enough! I can't wear a bikini yet! I can't travel without wearing a bikini! I like my job/London life do I really want to travel?! I just don't know blargh! scary! gah!"

So to alleviate myself of this fear and confusion, I've decided to pick out all the things I want to do/areas I want to work on this year and for each make three tiered goals, that I will return to monthly and tick off/revise where appropriate. The levels I have aimed these at are :
1. easyish (I just need to get off my bum and do it)
2. tricky (this will take some effort/organisation/it scares me a little)
3. hard and scary sh*t (self explanatory)

WARNING, LONG LIST AHEAD

Let's do this! *gulp*

Weight loss
1. Get to sub-180lbs.
2. Lose a stone by my birthday (20 March).
3. Reach goal weight of 168lbs this year (12 stone).

Running
1. Attend local parkrun once a month (ties in well with my sleeping goals as this is early Saturday mornings!)
2. Run a sub-60min 10k race.
3. Run another (hopefully sub-2.5hour) half marathon.

Non-running exercise
1. Find somewhere to replace my current gym - whether another gym or regular classes somewhere
2. Attend one strength class  OR a new sport (or one I haven't done in ages) a month
3. Book a triathlon race (race can be next year but training must start this year).

Creativity - This definitely fell by the wayside in 2012!
1. Buy a sketching and writing book and finish it
2. Attend at least one sketching (scary) and sewing class (not scary but expensive)
3. Make a dress (that looks nice!) using my sewing machine

Languages - another passion that died in 2012
1. Start a German class/find a German speaking group
2. Start a new language (and decide which one!)
3. Go on holidays that involve me speaking German and the new language

Travelling
1. Go to at least 3 cities in Europe I haven't been to before (including Paris, can include UK cities) 
2. Arrange California trip with J OR (if J chickens out) organise first ever skiing trip with friends
3. During October sit down and have an honest conversation with myself about how work and life is going and if I want to start seriously organising a world trip/year in Australia

Sleep
1. Be in bed and go to sleep at 11pm at least two week nights a week
2. Go to sleep at 11pm at least one night a weekend
3. Go to a pre-work exercise class

Room
1. Paint side table
2. Buy a wardrobe
3. Move piano from parents' to flat

Now just to hit the Publish button...

No comments:

Post a Comment