Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

This is a running blog about running

A post about running (finally)!!

So today I went for a run, it wasn't the world's greatest run but it wasn't the worst either. I've gone back to Week 3 of Couch to 5k because of knee worries (and laziness, let's be honest), but it felt gooooooooooooood. And I did a major streching session beforehand which, I can't lie, was almost orgasmically good.

Trust me, stretching is extra good when there's a whole 6 foot of you to stretch. My back clicks a lot (lack of core/back strength maybe?) and so always feels incredible to stretch, but glute stretches are a close second (possibly because I sit on my bum too much). Touching my toes also makes me feel superior as I have two friends (much fitter than me) who can't touch theirs - small victories ;)

So as I was running I realised I have no light/reflective running clothes, dangerous now that it's winter, so maybe some sexy new running clothes can be purchased with the pay rise from my NEW JOB! :D

Yep, this time next month I will be starting in a wonderfully science-geeky job at a breast cancer charity (hence the pink writing yesterday). As well as being the exact role I want to be doing right now it's also quite a big pay rise so I'm thinking of a few treats I can buy myself (although mostly I'm thinking "woo I can pay off my student overdraft!"). Running-wise I think I might get 1 x running tights, 1 x bright/reflective long sleeve top, and new trainers! My old asics are feeling a bit less comfy after four 10ks and all the training between so I'm looking forward to having a proper gait analysis at a running shop (I bought the last pair off ebay coz I'm a massive cheapskate).

In other news my weight today was 209 lbs so I only put on 1 pound on holiday! Good news all round!

So what part of you do you like to stretch most? ;) ;) (ok innuendo yes, but serious question)

Oh and any suggestions for running clothes and shoes are more than welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment