Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Science, partying and birds

Oh look at me, managing to post more than once a week, or not, whoops!

So lets get down to business goat lovers, my weight this morning was....
209.8 lbs

Little bit over a pound lost in a week, I'll take that.

Here's a whirlwind trip of how I managed that this week:
London Science Festival - aka too busy geeking to get busy eating.

Running - couch to 5k week numero 4 continues.

Walking up hills - and walking extra fast to prove how much fitter you are than your parents. If you ever want to go for a walk just a short train/car ride out of London I recommend The Chiltern Hills, they are one of my favourite places in the world.

Eating well - apart from partying and being ridiculously hungover so not eating at the weekend I actually burnt more calories than I ate every single day this week, even the days I didn't exercise, good times!

PARTAY - or rather get so drunk you are unable to eat much the next 2 days (a sensible weight loss strategy? No. A fun strategy? Very much so). But yes, I do not condone this lifestyle - alcohol has calories too, sadly.

Also when I was in the Chilterns on Sunday I saw five Red Kites up close, they are absolutely stunning birds that were successfully reintroduced to the Chilterns in the 1990s...

Image from ahisgett on Flickr


This week I have equal amounts of science geekery with less partying planned, so hopefully more running. Next week I will also be in beautiful surroundings in Egypt.

So where's your favourite natural beauty spot? Do you exercise there and, more importantly, does it have majestic birds of prey to gawp at?

No comments:

Post a Comment