Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Goat goals

I've toyed a bit with putting my actual weight on this blog as I know, eventually, someone I know in "real life" is going to see it and I don't know how comfortable I am with that.

However...

as this blog is mainly in existence to keep me on the straight and narrow (quite literally) full disclosure seems more in the spirit of things.

ALSO, for the glorious minority of us, I want to provide a realistic picture of how much tall girls (we're talking 5'10" plus) weigh. I've always felt there's a huge lack of information on what weight, clothes size or even shoe size is "normal" and/or healthy for girls of my height (6 foot) and have personally felt like society assumes that anyone of a certain height must be athlete or model size! So I'll try to share some thoughts on being tall-but-not-skinny where I can.

Right! The first weigh in, here we go:
Start weight - 211.2 pounds
Goal weight - 168 pounds (that's 12 stone for UK peeps who don't watch as much Biggest Loser USA as me!)

I also like to keep track of my BMI (using the calculator on calorie count) and this is currently 28.6 (24.9 is healthy).

So after that shock revelation I have some questions for you goat fans:

Are there any other tall girls out there who feel the same way about weight goals? Or perhaps you're of an average height, or even shorter than average (big up to the extremes!) and have similar feelings about portrayals of weight at your height? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment