Pages

Sunday 11 March 2012

Social life vs Weight loss

Life remains good but consequentially bad in Goat world.

 Eh? Good but bad? Je ne comprends pas!

Good because my social life is buzzing right now.

Bad because a buzzing social life means a) no gym trips last week and b) a lack of sleep = sugar cravings.

I am recovering today by having a much needed pyjama day today...might do some sewing later (I will post the beautiful results if I do - I've got a tote bag I've been meaning to finish for ages).

So how to find a bit more balance? Well, I mentioned this to my wise housemate (who always manages to get her gym trips in) and she made the good point that as it's important to me I need to be scheduling gym trips/runs in as I would any other social engagement. As a naturally unorganised person who relies heavily on my diary this made some sense to me, thus this morning I have gone into DIARY ATTACK mode.

These are the results for next week's evenings:
Monday - 6pm food drop, 7pm run home from food drop, 2.5 miles (requires me being organised about running stuff today before work!)
Tuesday - 6pm work event, 8pm walk home 3.3miles
Wednesday -  6pm Street dance class til 7
Thursday - 5.40pm Spin class, 7.30pm music concert at Southbank
Friday - 6pm drinks with J, walk home
Saturday - nice weekend run
Sunday - home for mother's day


I've also decided I need to be a bit more selfish to allow myself to fit in more sleeping, which is a key issue in my ongoing weight loss, in that I don't get enough of it and this really shows on the scales. You can see this reflected in the lack of a cinema trip on Wednesday.

I'll keep you posted on how my regimented week goes (hopefully less cheese and red wine than this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment